Flat Cat Accommodation | Sodwana Bay | Self Catering Chalets | Luxury Campsite
Welcome to Flat Cat Holiday Accommodation which is situated approximately 5 km from Sodwana Bay beach
- Only a 4 hour drive from Durban and about 7 hours drive from Johannesburg.
Accommodation available throughout the year.
- Sodwana Bay is part of the Isimangaliso World Heritage Site with a multitude of outdoor adventure opportunities.
It offers world renown, exquisite diving sites with breathtaking seaside views and natural wild life.
- Sodwana Bay offshore reef is presumed to have the richest game fishing waters in the world.
- Lake Ngoboseleni, a fresh water lake lies one km from the bay and measures 1.5 km x 1 km and is up to 9 meters deep – ideal for fishing.
It is home to both crocodile and hippo who sometimes even venture out to sea.
- Other untouched ecosystems to the north include Lake Sibaya - the largest natural fresah water lake in South Africa, Nine Mile beach, Mabibi and Black Rock
- The lakelets, the dune and swamp forests are tranquil havens for a great many birds, reed buck, duiker amongst others. The rare Tonga red squirrel is also found here.
- The bay, the beaches, clear blue waters and the magnificent offshore coral reefs are well known amongst international and local anglers, swimmers, fishermen, scuba divers and holiday makers.
- The deep sea fishing fraternity all regularly visit the area for splendid catches of sail fish, blue and black marlin, tuna and most other game fish species.
- In summertime the beaches host large loggerhead and leatherback turtles that come ashore to nest. Night time "turtle tourists" are lead by local Parks Board officials in December and January.
- Breathtaking hiking trails, leisure walks and official safaris can be enjoyed.
The Elephant Coast forms the north-east region of South Africa's unique KwaZulu Natal Province, stretching northward from Lake St Lucia (a world heritage site about 80 km south of Sodwana Bay), to the borders of Swaziland and Mozambique. The region is home to South Africa's largest herd of indigenous African Elephants.
Tembe Elephant Park, Sodwana Bay National Park, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park and many more sites to explore!
Further north, KwaZulu Natal's game sanctuaries represent the best of the African wilderness. This is one of the few places where good game viewing can be enjoyed in close proximity to the pleasures of scuba diving and deep-sea fishing. Habitats from coastal dune forests to open bushveld support a wide diversity of wildlife, from the elephant to the tiny suni. Bird life is equally prolific. This and much more is to be experienced when you visit us at Flat Cat Accommodation.
Please Contact Us for any enquiries.